Friday, January 1, 2010

This is the New Year

I'm glad 2009 is over. I've been ready to put it behind me for a while. This year has been both frustrating and gratifying.

I've been feeling rather stunted creatively and I've been trying to figure out how I can remedy the problem. I want to be shooting everyday. I want to and I know I should but it hasn't been happening. I'll be starting a new project that I'm excited about. I want to paint (water color) and draw (in charcoal) more as well. I figure making time at least once a month would be a good start.

Sir Luke will be getting tools this month so the projects I thought wouldn't happen for ages may come to fruition sooner than  I had dreamed. I can't wait to get rid of the giant boxes of DVD's, Records, and Laser Discs. I'm going to try and get the kitchen to the place I want before summer is here and then start more painting again. I still need to touch up those insane stripes I painted in our bathroom. In essence, lots of house projects on my list.

Christmas was lovely spent with my parents in Los Angeles. We drove down Christmas eve after I started to recover my the stomach flu. Unfortunately for Sir Luke he caught the bug a day after Christmas and spent the rest of our trip mostly quarantined in bed. How it's possible I have zero pictures from Christmas I do not know. But my parents took loads and I'm sure I'll find an unflattering one soon enough.

My cousin, Jeff, came down from San Bruno, CA to join in the day's festivities and brought with him my new favorite game. It is not for the sensitive or faint of heart and I was shocked my mother even played it the four rounds we went. It's called Lunch Money and consists of beating up the other players with roundhouses, eye pokes, choking and the like. Violent for commemorating the birth of the Savior, yes. But fun? also yes.

I still need to finish my stats class, but I did get farther than any other year in 2009. I will finish by April. I am determined.

I also need to finish the revamp of my website. This is proving, once again, to be the bane of my life.

I started writing a short memoir about my senior year of high school last summer and I'm determined to finish it by the end of this month. I'll be posting it in sections on the blog. I wrote another short memoir while we were driving the seven hours from LA to LV on the 30th. It is supposed to take around four hours....needless to say I was rather perturbed. So I scribbled illegibly in the dark and will attempt to transcribe it soon for your viewing pleasure. I know you're dying to know what could possess me to write in the dark.

Well that was a lot of words without pictures. If I were you I wouldn't have gone past the second paragraph. Thanks for braving the random stream of consciousness.

1 comment:

Little Lisa said...

I conquered this entry! But I like reading.

I read this verse today before a job interview. It was the first one my eyes found as I randomly flipped open my scriptures.

D&C 50:44 "Wherefore, I am in your midst, and I am the good shepherd, and the stone of Israel. He that buildeth upon this rock shall never fall."

I love you lots and pray for you oft, my dear sister!