Sunday, January 31, 2010

Living Room Mood Board

I've been wanting to make mood boards for the rooms I have in the works. Granted they're only in the works in my noggin. But I figure it will help me find the alternatives more in my price range than he items actually on my boards.

So I'm starting with the living room. Our living room is one giant space combined with our dining room. I want to make it slightly more formal because we've got a loft upstairs that will eventually act more as a family room.


1. Entry Rug - Urban Outfitters
2. Mila Rug - Anthropologie
3. Photographer's Tripod Lamp - Pottery Barn
4. Highpointe Ceiling Fan - Lumens
5. Contemporary Lamps - Swank Lighting
6. Grand Game Wallpaper - Anthropologie
7. Savannah Story Bust, Giraffe - Anthropologie
8. Emeline Chair - Anthropologie
9. Mahogany/Orient Silk Laminate - Armstrong
10. Console Table with Travertine Top - Crate & Barrel
11. Faceted Mirror Side Table - West Elm
12. Billy Bookcases - IKEA
13. Format Floor Magazine Rack - CB2
14. Seaburry Sleeper Sofa - Pottery Barn
15. Clara Chair - Crate & Barrel
16. Smart Round Marble Coffee Table - CB2
17. Pod Table - Urban Outfitters
18. Velvet Pouf Pillow - Urban Outfitters
19. Round Boxed Applique Pillow - Pier 1
20. We Are So Good Together Poster - Reform School

Most of this stuff may look completely ridiculous together to you. Every time I take one of those design style quizzes I come out eclectic or some combination of styles. I think it will all work together beautifully. I know a lot of these items I can make myself or with Sir Luke. And I can probably find alternatives for a lot of them. But this is the overall idea and plan.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Love your ideas! When you come to visit me and my fruit trees, I'll need you to zap some inspiration into my home. I need help!

I especially like #15- chair and #6 wallpaper. :)

Capree said...

I LOVE IT!! You have the coolest style, Megan! Can't wait to see your home! :)

heather said...

I bet you and Luke could DIY #3. Because you're awesome like that.

Meg Ruth said...

Heather, my mom said the same thing!. I think I'm going to try it and for that matter I shall be paper mache my own giraffe head too!